Student Advocacy Center » Mission Statement
The Student Advocacy Center is committed to assisting students in cutting through campus bureaucracy. Its purpose is to empower students to overcome obstacles to their growth both inside and outside the classroom, and to help them maximize their educational experience while pursuing their degrees at The Ohio State University.
In serving our students, the center:
- Equips students with information on the university's regulations and policies that will put them on equal footing with those who already are familiar with the operation of the university;
- Listens effectively, and provides timely, accurate information;
- Offers alternative resolutions in consultation with other university offices where appropriate;
- Treats each student as an individual and encourages others in the university to do the same;
- Makes its staff accessible to all students in the university.
In cooperation with The Office of Student Life' Mission Statement, The Student Advocacy Center is "devoted to serving Students First within an environment of mutual respect and in partnership with our university colleagues."